Road Maps to Faith at Home
Finding A Bible Passage
To find a passage in the Bible follow these simple steps:
- Scripture references are always listed in the same format:
- name of the book, such as “Matthew”
- followed by the Chapter number, such as “5:”
- followed by the verse number, such as “14”
- Locate the book. Use your Table of Contents to find the beginning of your desired book.
- Locate the chapter. Next, page forward to the desired chapter. Notice the relatively large chapter numbers in the text of the Bible.
- Locate the verse. Notice the small numbers embedded with the words of the text. These numbers designate the verses.
Practice finding Bible passages. Write down the verse indicated.
Matthew 5:14 ________________________________________________________________________
Psalm 23:1 ________________________________________________________________________
Psalm 46:11 ________________________________________________________________________
John 3:16 ________________________________________________________________________
We have signed our parish up for Formed, a Catholic resource for all to use.
Diving into the beauty of the Faith has never been easier: at home, on the go, or from any internet connected device.Discover thousands of books, audio talks,movies, documentaries, and studies... there is something for every member of the family to help them grow closer to Christ and His Church.
Registering for FORMED:
- Go to formed.org/signup
- Select your parish (Our Lady of Victory)
- Register with your name and email address
- Check that email account for a link to begin using FORMED:
Why go to Mass